Discover Racquet Buddies
Racquet Buddies has been created by Hayley Hogg (nee Donnelly) and it has been designed with little ones in mind! As a fully qualified and practising (part-time) primary teacher, Hayley has taken into account the development of young children and designed the programme around these principles. Add into the mix Hayley’s international badminton experience and also significant experience in coaching, and it is clear to see why Racquet Buddies offers a unique sporting class for children aged 2+.
Within all Racquet Buddies classes, the aim of the session is for FUN and ENJOYMENT!!! Below is a guide to what Racquet Buddies can do for your little Buddy.
In toddler classes, children use a wide range of equipment to practise skills to develop their hand-eye coordination and these skills link directly to movements that are essential for participating in racquet sports.
As a parent/carer, we know how important it is for your little Buddy to begin to socialise with other children and at our classes, we integrate some team-building games to make them truly feel that they are part of Racquet Buddies. Wearing their ‘team’ t-shirt also helps, and high 5s go a long way in their Racquet Buddies journey too!
- Improve listening skills, social skills, self-esteem and confidence
- Develop hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills
- Learn overheads, forehands and backhands through engaging games and activities
- Apply new skills using racquets and balloons before progressing on to shuttlecocks and tennis balls
- Establish a love of racquet sports
- Most importantly - HAVE FUN!
- Click here to download our promotional banner here